Ads

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Geoff Boycott urges Michael Owen to try feng shui


The Daily Express newspaper reported today that Former England cricketer Geoff Boycott has urged Michael Owen to try feng shui in order to get him back into the England team for the World Cupin South Africa starts in June.

The 30-year-old Manchester United striker has scored 40 goals in 89 appearances for England but has not played for his country since March 2008 due to injury and because he has been out of favour with international coach Fabio Capello.

Owen has also failed to win a regular first-team place since moving to Old Trafford in July. United fan Boycott says feng shui was a big help to him when he was diagnosed with throat cancer in 2002 and has told the soccer player to try it out.

"I wrote to Michael Owen a while back to say, 'look at this and see what you think'," Boycott was quoted as saying in the Express. "I have seen him play and he needs that little spark which maybe this can give him.

"He hasn't replied to my letter yet but if he does I will put him in touch with some experts in feng shui and see where that takes him. During treatment for cancer I got into feng shui.

"I slept in different rooms, facing different ways. They believe that as you sleep you heal. People who don't know anything about it say it is rubbish but it worked for me - I'm alive," said former opening batsman Boycott.

1 comment:

JF Chow said...

I hope M.Owen will listen Geoff advice to boost his chances to cement in England squad for W.Cup 2010.