If you do a research, it is not hard for you know the impact of building the tallest skyscrapers:-
1. When the then world's tallest building, the Empire State Building, New York was completed in 1931, the United States fell into a great economic depression.
2. Chicago built the Sears Tower in 1974 and in the same year, the United States faced an economic recession.
3. When the Petronas Twin Towers were completed, Malaysia did not turn prosperous because of it. Instead, it fell into a slump. Today, Malaysia’s petroleum reserve is depleting.
4. When Taiwan built Taipei 101 in 2003, its economy suffered a severe blow from the global financial tsunami. Until today, it is not yet recovered.
5. Burj Khalifa, the world's tallest building in Dubai and many people know that Dubai is currently facing a debt crisis.