You will find the below article in my book http://www.penangfengshui.com/index.php?pages=book_enjoyyourlife_ebook page 31 - 35. I want to use it again as it is always right that your luck will become better eventually when one performs more charity. In short, we have to do something good and say something nice everyday.
You wish to invite you to join me to donate for the flood victims in Thailand via http://www.mercyrelief.org/web/Common/homepage.aspx
CHAPTER 2: WHAT IS FENG SHUI?
古人说: 一命二运三风水四积德五读书. 要积德就能改命运。
古人说: 一命二运三风水四积德五读书. 要积德就能改命运。
First, we need to know what our ancestors said Feng Shui in order to have an understanding of what it is all about. Why is Feng Shui still relevant and important in today's modern world? Is it magic? Can it perform miracles?
According to our ancestors, a man's life is determined by 5 factors. The 5 factors according to importance are: destiny, luck, feng shui, good-will and education.
1. Destiny is the most crucial of all factors. Some are born disabled or sickly. Some are very good-looking, smart and healthy. There is nothing much you can do about this. This has already been determined by your destiny.
2. Luck changes from time to time. In a person’s Bazi or destiny code, there will be a major change every decade particularly. A rich businessman may go bankrupt while a poor boy may become a rich man.
People tend to put destiny and luck together and define them as fate because they are interrelated. As a matter of fact, having better luck is preferred to having a good destiny.
Bazi (八字) is known as the "Four Pillars of Destiny" because it is formed by four items: the time, day, month and year in which a person is born. Using Bazi, one can study their destiny and luck.
It is more complicated to learn but in order to be a professional Feng Shui master, you have to be a master in Bazi.
3. Feng Shui, in addition to the scientific study of environmental between living things and non-living things; takes into account an additional component, the flow of magnetic energy or 'qi'. This is due to the fact that our Earth never stops revolving and when it revolves, the magnetic forces always changes. Furthermore, the 'qi' will also be affected by gravitational forces of other planets, the Sun and the Moon as well. Thus, there will never be a place that will enjoy auspicious good luck forever. Otherwise, China would still be ruled by the Ching Dynasty today as the emperor could have engaged the best Feng Shui masters during that time to ensure continuous good luck of their palace. (Refer to page 204 for a complete analysis of the Feng Shui of The Forbidden City)
Nevertheless, Feng Shui continues to remain popular today even though it has come into existence and has been developed over the period of 4,000 years. Today, there is evidence of huge databases that support its existence. This is a great treasure and wisdom from our ancestors.
4. Good-will, do good and perform good deeds to make your life better. In Buddhism, it is called cause and effect or 'karma', the preordained fate that is generated by a person's actions. Someone can also enhance their luck by having a strong willingness to help others. Your luck will become better eventually when one performs more charity. In short, we have to do something good and say something nice everyday.
5. Education can turn you into a better person. In ancient China, poor scholars had to study very hard in order to pass the examination, so that they can be ministers to the emperor. Education remains an extremely important aspect today and can be a ticket out of poverty for someone who excels in his studies and becomes a professional. He can also enjoy a luxurious life and be able to solve problems which he encounters. There is vast knowledge out there and we have to continually upgrade ourselves to learn new things everyday as knowledge is not static.
In conclusion, if you do not have good destiny and luck, you can still enhance your luck or change it with the help of Feng Shui, good will or through education. However, if you have bad Feng Shui, it will ruin your life further instead of helping you out. Thus, it is important for us to have this basic knowledge to ensure a happy and successful life.